The local police are keen to extend the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme in Swindon and the surrounding area. A scheme has been up and running successfully in Ash Gardens and Fuller Gardens for nearly two years and has provided many benefits. There are a number of benefits in becoming part of such a Scheme, these include:-
- We should feel slightly more secure knowing that our neighbours are keeping an eye on our property and also that we are not alone when problems arise.
- The opportunity to get to know our neighbours and create a sense of community.
- The ability to contact the NHW Liaison Officer at Gablecross Police Station, who will listen and, if it is deemed appropriate, pass on any relevant information to the Local Beat Officer.
- It can help to deter prospective troublemakers from targetting your street.
- It can lead to lower priced house insurance.
Volunteers will only need to spend a minimal amount of time fulfilling the Co-ordinators role and it should make our village a safer place to live.
If you are interested in finding out more about the Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and/or becoming a Co-ordinator for your street in South Marston, please contact Jill Quadri at email@example.com or telephone Jill on 829796.