Swindon Borough Council will be carrying out culvert upgrade works on the A420. The works involve a lane closure for the majority of the works but there will be a weekend road closure. The works involve the following:
- Thames West Utility diversion to facilitate the works
- Removal of the existing drainage structure (3 x pipes)
- Replacement of the existing structure with a 3 x 450mm diameter pipes
- Reinstatement of the road surface
- Road closure to allow the pipes to be constructed across the road centre line
This work is required as a priority, as the area has been prone to flooding in the past and this culvert has been identified as a restriction to flow.
The works will commence on 6th June 2011 for 4 weeks. During this period, the road will be closed from 2300hrs on 17th June 2011 to 0600hrs on 20th June 2011 and an alternative diversion route will be signed from the closure. Works will take place from 0730hrs to 1800hrs daily, Monday to Friday, Saturdays from 0800hrs to 1700hrs and Sundays from 0900hrs to 1700hrs.
Should you require information in another language, or alternative format, please contact Customer Services, telephone number 01793 463725.
The original SBC letter for residents affected, which includes further details, can be found HERE.