We are hoping for lovely weather for the South Marston Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Friday June 1st
- Evening concert in the Church – 7pm. Refreshments available.
Saturday June 2nd
- Highworth Silver Band playing from 2-4pm.
- Street party and picnic in the area between the school and Church in the centre of the village.
- Bring your own picnic – tables and chairs will be ready, with tablecloths. Alternatively, you are welcome to bring picnic rugs and sit on the grass.
- Teas, cold drinks and cakes will be available from the Church.
- Flower displays from all of the village organisations will be on display in the Church.
- Old village photographs and memorabilia will be on display in the Village Hall.
- School children will be performing.
- Fancy dress – adults and children! Come dressed as your favourite Royal personage.
- Join us at the Carriers Arms to continue the Celebrations with a Pig Roast and evening entertainment – from 7pm.
How can I help?!
- Thursday 31st May 6.30pm. at Church Farm House, then on the Glebe, outside the Church, to help put up the marquees. Also to erect the staging in the Church.
- Saturday 2nd June from 9am. Assembling and erecting flower tubs, bunting and flags in the area between the school, Church and Village Hall.
- Cake baking – all contributions of cakes will be very gratefully received. Please bring to the Church on Saturday 2nd.June at any time.
We would love help from anybody who could be available. Please either turn up on the day or phone Mary Case on 826038 or Jenny McEwen on 825312
Road closure South Marston
Please be aware that the road through the centre of South Marston will be closed on Saturday 2nd. June between 11am and 6pm for the Jubilee street party.
It will be closed between 1, Church Farm Lane and the Church/Vicarage exit onto Old Vicarage Lane. Buses have been diverted and details for that will appear closer to the time.
Any Old China? – Still Collecting?
SMRA is hoping to put on a china-smashing stall for the Summer Fete this July, so if you have any old china that it will not be heart-breaking to see in pieces, please let me know. You can either drop it off at Church Farmhouse any time (leave by the door if there is no reply) or ring me and I’ll collect it. No item refused!
Many thanks Jenny McEwen tel. 825312