- Extended our plant nursery bed – the perennial wildflowers plants we started from seed are growing well and many need to be planted out, so we need more room.
- Cleared the nettles on the far bank of the ditch where the path between the two bridges will be, and along the bank side where we’re going to plant primroses.
- Strimmed the weeds down to the ground in one of our next planting areas, and covered the ground with plastic to inhibit re-growth.
- Completed this year’s planting of annual wildflower seeds.
- Cut back the hedge where it was starting to overhang the pavement.
The bridges are ready to be taken to the site and erected (they are looking so good, excellent workmanship from Brian and team) – we just need a spell of decent weather!
Events coming up include:
- A stall at the Village Fete on July 7th, which will feature a competition to decide the name for the Highworth Road site.
- Working days on Saturdays 4th August and 1st September, from 9:30am to 4:30pm (break for lunch from 12:30 to 1:30pm). There’s no working day in July – it’s been brought forward to 30th June on account of the fete.
- An open day, where the bridges and new bench will be officially unveiled – date to be decided (keep an eye on the noticeboards and website).
We’d love to see you at any of the above – you’ll be made very welcome.