A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Cole and Dorcan Brook .
Flooding is possible for the River Cole and The Dorcan Brook for the East Swindon Area down to above Buscot Wick this afternoon.
Low lying land and roads will be affected first.
Be prepared to protect yourself, family, pets and property.
The river and flooding forecast is as follows: The River Cole has responded to todays heavy rain and is expected to spill out into the floodplain this afternoon in the Lower Stratton area. No property flooding is currently expected. We will continue to monitor the situation.
The weather forecast is to expect the rain to continue throughout the afternoon, clearing away this evening. More isolated thundery showers are expected overnight and tomorrow.
- Prepare a flood kit including a torch, batteries, mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
- Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 using quickdial 171235 for up-to-date flooding information.
Environment Agency South East
West Thames Flood Warning Duty Officer
Red Kite House,
Howbery Park, Wallingford,
Oxon. OX10 8BD
Floodline 0845 988 1188