On Monday 2nd July Eric Barnes very kindly allowed us to hold our BBQ in his barn. Luckily the weather was kind to us which added to the enjoyable evening of food, wine and entertainment.
On Saturday 18th August we held our Annual Flower & Produce Show. Although the season has been dreadful to the point of considering cancelling the show, we went ahead anyway. With thanks to all the people who put the effort in to show what they had, the day proved to be the right decision, with a variety of exhibits making the show a success.
The results of the show are as follows:
- Photography Cup – Gill King
- Hanging Basket Cup – Mary Case
- Children’s Cup – Alexander Naisby
- Bill Smith Trophy – best dahlia – Angela Newton
- Geoff Sansum Trophy – best standard fuchsia – Richard Sansum
- Rose Bowl – flowers – Pat Sansum
- Flower Arrangers Cup – Rita Smith & Rosemary New
- Cookery Trophy – Angela Newton
- Challenge Cup – vegetables – Michael New
WELL DONE TO ALL
Our next meeting will be on Monday 3rd September at 7.30 pm with a talk by Pamela Clement entitled “Toys and Games“. All welcome to come and listen to this fun subject.