A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Cole and Dorcan Brook .
Flooding is possible for the River Cole and The Dorcan Brook for the East Swindon Area down to above Buscot Wick .
Low lying land and roads will be affected first.
Be prepared to protect yourself, family, pets and property.
The river and flooding forecast is: The river levels on the River Cole and Dorcan Brook have risen in response to the overnight rainfall. The river is out in the floodplain in the Lower Stratton area. No property flooding is currently expected.
The weather forecast is for further rainfall with potentially heavy showers over the course of this morning. The rainfall should die out in the early afternoon, leaving lighter showers.
– Prepare a flood kit including a torch, batteries, mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
– Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
– Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
– Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
– Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 using quickdial 171235 for up-to-date flooding information.
Environment Agency South East
West Thames Flood Warning Duty Officer
Red Kite House,
Howbery Park, Wallingford,
Oxon. OX10 8BD
Floodline 0845 988 1188
Please do not reply to this email. If you want more information about flooding or to stop receiving these emails, please phone Floodline on 0845 988 1188 or log onto Floodline Warnings Direct at www.environment-agency.gov.uk/floodline.