A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Cole and Dorcan Brook.
Flooding is possible for the River Cole and The Dorcan Brook for the East Swindon Area down to above Buscot Wick.
Low lying land and roads will be affected first.
Be prepared to protect yourself, family, pets and property.
The river and flooding forecast is as follows: In response to the rainfall this morning, river levels on the River Cole have started to rise. The river may spill out into the floodplain in places including the Lower Stratton area. No property flooding is currently expected.
The weather forecast is to expect further rain through today, which may be heavy at times. Monday will have further light showers
– Prepare a flood kit including a torch, batteries, mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
– Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
– Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
– Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
– Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 using quickdial 171235 for up-to-date flooding information.
Environment Agency South East
West Thames Flood Warning Duty Officer
Red Kite House,
Howbery Park, Wallingford,
Oxon. OX10 8BD
Floodline: 0845 988 1188