A Flood Alert has been issued by the Environment Agency for the River Cole and Dorcan Brook .
Flooding is possible for the River Cole and The Dorcan Brook for the East Swindon Area down to above Buscot Wick.
Low lying land and roads will be affected first.
Be prepared to protect yourself, family, pets and property.
The river and flooding forecast is: Rivers levels are expected to rise in response to persistent, and at times heavy rainfall overnight and through Thursday morning. It is possible that overnight tonight we could see the river overtop banks in places, and flood low lying land and roads.
The weather prospect are: There will be widespread and at times locally heavy rain overnight and through into tomorrow morning. The heaviest rain should begin to clear away eastwards by early tomorrow afternoon, with only occasional light showers thereafter.
– Prepare a flood kit including a torch, batteries, mobile phone, warm clothes, water, food and any prescription medicines you may need.
– Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.
– Farmers should consider moving livestock and equipment away from areas likely to flood.
– Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit the Environment Agency website www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
– Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 using quickdial 171235 for up-to-date flooding information.
Environment Agency South East
West Thames Flood Warning Duty Officer
Red Kite House,
Howbery Park, Wallingford,
Oxon. OX10 8BD
Floodline 0845 988 1188