Detailed below are some of the activies in which the Parish Council parcipated during the month. For more details, please visit www.southmarston.org.uk and click on the ‘Parish Council’ area or contact the Parish Clerk on 07804 225571 or email@example.com
- Meeting with AEE Renewables to discuss the installation of the new solar farm at Sevor Farm, Nightingale Lane, South Marston
There will be significant road works carried out over the next few weeks in the village due to the cabling for the new solar farm. The Parish Council are working with AEE Renewables and Honda to establish the best cabling routes to try to keep the disruption to a minimum. Updates will be posted on the South Marston website.
- Yew Tree Development: Consultation with Swindon Borough Council and the Developers
- Progressing a 20mph zone for the centre of the village
Following feedback from the Village Consultation Event on the 23rd July 2013
- Meting with the Bodleian Storage Facility
To progress the planning scheme which was detailed in their original planning application
- Presentation by RPS Group (representatives of Gleesons Developments) to discuss the Hub Business Park Development, south of the A420
- Attendance of the Swindon Area Committee
Regarding the Parish Precept; rural broadband; local plan examination; review of the Parish Charter
- Allotments and Conservation siteAn oak post, carved by Adam King, has been installed at the St Julian’s Woodland and is a quiet place to remember Malcolm Phillips, a village resident and committed Parish Councillor, who sadly died last year. The erection of the post was organised by Barry Thunder, one of Malcolm’s friends and colleagues on the Parish Council. The carving on the post is of a green woodpecker, and will be surrounded by English blue bells and wild daffodils. Malcolm’s wife, Sue, and his family will be planting some trees to act as a backdrop to the post.
Next Meeting—15th October 2013
Members of the public are welcome to attend Parish Council meetings which are held at 7.30pm in the Village Hall. There is an “Open 10 Minutes” secon at the start of the meeting where you are invited to ask questions or discuss an agenda item. It would be helpful if you could inform the Chairman at the start of the meeting of any items that you wish to raise or discuss. All agendas are published on the village website and on the village notice boards, prior to the meetings.
Parish Councillor Vacancies
South Marston Parish Council currently has two vacancies.
If you would like to know more about becoming a Parish Councillor and would be interested in joining the team, please contact the Parish Clerk via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 07804 225571for more information