Updates to the community transport service Terms and Conditions that is being managed for the Trust by Swindon Dial A Ride. and the revised details of the Thursday bus service run by Barnes Coaches for the Trust.
The F & E Harris Memorial Trust.
Community Transport Scheme – conditions of use.
- The scheme is for people living in the Parish of South Marston who are aged 55 and over.
- The scheme objective is to provide transport for people who do not have their own transport.
- People who normally would have transport facilities but are temporarily unable to drive will be eligible to use the service.
- People will be required to register their personal details with Swindon Dial A Ride prior to using the service. Call 01793 521123 for registration and service booking. It is based at Hawksworth Trading Estate. Booking line hours are Monday to Friday between 10am – 1pm. An answering machine service will operate outside these hours.
- If the person has the need for a carer the carer can accompany the person irrespective of the carer’s age.
- If disabled access is required this can normally be provided but may have some limitations depending on degree of disability. Volunteers are not trained to lift people.
- If the person requires a travel companion this will be eligible.
- Journeys can be taken as a door-to-door service. The volunteer car driver will be available to assist the person for the duration of the outing to suit the person’s requirements.
- If the car driver is not required to stay with the person during the outing a pick up time can be arrange with the driver by telephone or a pre- arranged time.
- No payment will be required by the user if a person’s journey is not greater than 100 miles including the return journey. All details of the journey will be recorded by Swindon Dial A Ride and charged directly to the Trust.
- If the total journey exceeds the 100 mile limit the cost for the additional mileage to be paid directly to Swindon Dial A Ride by the person booking the journey.
- It is anticipated by the Trust that the service being provided is to accommodate activities such as the following but not limited to this list.
- Visit to doctor, hospital, dentist and other similar medical requirements.
- Visit to shops including outlet centres
- Visit to the theatre or other entertainment establishments
- Visit to friends or relatives
- Visit to a place of interest.
- All driver volunteers taking people in their transport vehicle are fully trained, insured and vetted on a regular basis by Swindon Dial A Ride.
The F & E Harris Memorial Trust
Free mini bus service
Due to the withdrawal of the 65 bus service the Trust has contracted a 49 seat minibus service for South Marston residents. The service will be a return trip to Swindon on Thursday each week. Residents who have their own transport can use this service.
- The mini bus pick- up location in South Marston will be adjacent to the public car park near the school. Departure time is 9.30 am, it then stops at the village hall bus stop.
- The drop off and pick-up location in Swindon will be at the bus stop layby adjacent to Debenhams in Fleming Way.
- The return to South Marston will leave the pick-up point at 12.30 pm.
- The minibus will make an additional drop off at the bus stop by Sainsbury’s. On return from Swindon the bus will stop briefly to pick up people at the bus stop by Dunelm. People will need to be at the stop at 12.30 pm to ensure pick-up.