The agents delivering the cable installation work have confirmed the following:
Road closure: Old Vicarage Lane railway bridge
Access to the village via the bridge/A420/Old Vicarage Lane will be closed from around 8am on Monday 21st May to Tuesday 5th June 2018. Please note that this is worse case scenario and it may open earlier but this cannot be guaranteed.
Temporary traffic lights: Various locations
In addition to this, the workers will be excavating at points along the new cable route to pull and joint new cables. This work will involve two-way temporary traffic lights for a small section around the joint hole.
This will take place at:
- Old Vicarage Lane – Start: 08.05.18 Finish: 15.05.18
- Supermarine Road to Highworth Road – Start: 09.05.18 Finish: 16.05.18
- Highworth Road to end of Road Closure – Start: 10.05.18 Finish: 17.05.18
- Old Vicarage Lane – Start: 14.05.18 Finish: 21.05.18
- Highworth Road to end of Road Closure – Start: 16.05.18 Finish: 23.05.18
- Supermarine Road to Highworth Road – Start: 18.05.18 Finish: 25.05.18
We have asked the agent managing the work to restrict work outside school to half-term to avoid worsening traffic issues at school times. The agent will also be working to reduce the risk of HGV’s navigating Pound Corner to access Old Vicarage Lane.
We are aware of residents frustration with the ongoing roadworks as well as concerns about the damage and litter and the Parish Council are continuing to communicate with the agents.
Claire Penny, Parish Clerk