At its meeting on Tuesday 17th March the Parish Council took the following decisions to enable business to continue as effectively as possible given the unprecedented circumstances regarding the current Coronavirus threat:
- All meetings of the Council and working groups to be cancelled until further notice
- Any contact on Council business to be conducted remotely where possible
- Council business will continue to follow the general monthly cycle
- Any decisions and spending to be discussed and approved by Councillors using email or other electronic means to ensure ongoing transparency
- Planning applications to be circulated, discussed and responded to as they are received
- Any decisions made to be formally recorded and ratified at the soonest available proper meeting
For any queries concerning these changes or any issues to be raised with the Council please contact the clerk –
email@example.com or 01793 686150.
Clerk to the Council
Flyers have been received in the village stating that Old Vicarage Lane is due to be closed to traffic from today for up to 7 weeks. This is to allow construction of the new entrance into the Bellway site and associated works.
This may have some impact on HGV traffic but it is hoped that the number of site vehicles coming through the village will be minimised.
Please note that some lorries (for example those carrying roof trusses) have existing permission to come through the village via Pound Corner as they cannot pass under the rail bridge off the A420 junction.
The next monthly meeting of the Parish Council will take place on Tuesday 18th February 2020 at 7:30pm in the Village Hall. The agenda can be seen here.
Members of the public are welcome to attend and can also ask questions or raise any matters during the Open 10 minutes at the start of the meeting.
In January 2020 the Council held its regular monthly meeting and minutes of this can be seen here.
Please note that these minutes are draft until approved by the Parish Council at the next meeting.
The Clerk will be on leave over the Christmas period from Monday 23rd December and will resume his normal hours on Friday 3rd January.
During this period email will be checked intermittently for any urgent matters. Any normal business will be dealt with on the Clerk’s return.