On: Monday 14 May 2018
At: South Marston Village Hall
Time: 7:30pm to 9:30pm
Pete and Bob Biggs of Wanborough Herb Nursery will speak about “Culinary Herbs and their Uses”.
They will bring along a large selection of herbs and talk about how they can be used in cooking.
Herb Plants will be available to purchase at the end of the evening.
Cost: £3 entry fee on the door or £12 for full Membership.
A warm welcome awaits you along with tea and cake as well as an optional raffle.
Update from Meeting held on Monday 9 April 2018
Speaker Stuart “The Wildman” Mabbutt from Oxford gave us a very interesting and entertaining talk about Wildlife in Everyday Gardening. Stuart had 10 Challenges for us to improve Wildlife in our Gardens which are:
- 1: Is gardening essential or is it social conditioning?
- 2: Tidiness is down to interpretation
- 3: Are you hearing or are you listening? Are you seeing or are you looking
- 4: Birth is just as important as death and decay (there is no such thing as pest and disease)
- 5: It’s really only down to 4 things
- Dead wood
- Different grass heights
- Different flowers, trees and shrubs
- 6: Hedgehogs and bee’s
- 7: The connected garden
- Corridors in between neighbouring garden
- You as part of a much bigger picture
- 8:The alternative garden: moon gardening and ant nests
- 9: Natives and non-natives are not worth fussing about too much, diversity is what we need. Ethical seeds (buy British seeds not imported ones.)
- 10: Caring for garden birds.