The next monthly meeting of the Parish Council will take place on Tuesday 20th August at 7:30pm in the Village Hall. The agenda can be seen here.
Members of the public are welcome to attend and can also ask questions or raise any matters during the Open 10 minutes at the start of the meeting.
In July 2019 the Council held its regular monthly meeting and minutes of this can be seen here.
Please note that these minutes are draft until approved by the Parish Council at the next meeting.
Don’t forget this Saturday is the Village Annual Flower and Produce Show.
By now, you should have received the Schedule through your letterbox or via email.
There are over 60 classes and something for everyone.
Held in the Village Hall
Saturday 17 August 2019 (Timings below)
Friday 16 August 7pm to 8:30pm – Register your Exhibits at the Village Hall
Timings for Saturday are as follows:
Saturday 17 August
10am to 12:30pm – Staging of Exhibits
1pm to 4pm – Judging takes place
5pm – Doors open to the public – Admission at door 20p (per adult)
Refreshments and Raffle available
5:30pm – Presentation of Show Winners followed by Auction of Produce (the Committee will be grateful for any exhibit left for sale) and Raffle Prize Draw.
List of Classes
- 3 Potatoes (white or coloured)
- 5 French Beans
- 5 Pods of Peas
- 5 Runner Beans
- 5 Broad Beans
- 3 Onions – under ½ lb in weight
- 3 Onions – over ½ lb in weight
- 3 Beetroot
- 1 Courgette
- 3 Carrots
- 2 Cabbages
- 6 Pickling Shallots (under 30mm in diameter)
- 6 Large Shallots (over 30mm in diameter)
- 1 Cucumber
- 3 Tomatoes
- Truss of Tomatoes
- Collection of any 5 Vegetables (one of each of any 5 different kinds in a seed tray not exceeding 18” x 12”)
- Collection of Fresh Herbs
- Longest Runner Bean
- Heaviest Onion
- Heaviest Potato
- Any other Vegetable not on schedule
- Ugly or Misshapen Vegetable (Please give your vegetable a “name”)
- Bowl of Home Grown Fruit (5 of same kind)
- Standard Fuchsia
- Hanging Basket, Container, Pot or Tub
- 1 Single Rose
- 3 Roses
- 5 Asters (single or double)
- 3 Decorative Dahlias
- 3 Cactus Dahlias
- 3 x Pompom Dahlias
- 1 Specimen Dahlia (large)
- 5 Pansies
- 5 Stalks of Sweet Peas
- 1 Specimen spike of Gladiolus
- 3 Vases of Flowers (a different variety in each vase – no extra foliage)
- Flowering Pot Plant (Geranium, Fuchsia, Orchid etc.)
- Foliage Pot Plant (Succulent, Cactus etc.)
- Square Floral Carpet (not exceeding 6” x 6”)
- Miniature Flower Arrangement (under 4” x 4”)
- Arrangement in a Basket (not to exceed 15” overall)
- Photograph “Spider’s Cobweb”
- Photograph “Church Window”
- Jar Soft Fruit Jam (in 1lb jar)
- Jar Stone Fruit Jam (in 1lb jar)
- Jar Jelly (in 1lb jar)
- Jar Marmalade (in 1lb jar)
- Citrus Curd (in 1lb jar)
- Sweet Chutney (in 1lb jar)
- Pickled Onions or Shallots
- 6 Sausage Rolls
- Apple Pie (with pastry top and bottom and no decoration)
- 6 Cheese Scones
- 6 Fruit Scones
- Bread Pudding or Bread and Butter Pudding
- Victoria Sandwich (see ingredients and size of tin on separate sheet)
- Fruit Cake (see ingredients and size of tin on separate sheet)
- Salted Caramel Cake (any shape or size)
- Homemade Wine, Lager, Beer, Cider or Liquor etc.
- Metal, Wood, Glass or Ceramic Item
- Knitting or Crochet item
- Cross Stich or Embroidery Item
- Artwork (Charcoal, Watercolour etc)
- Material (Fabric, Fur, Felt etc.)
Class G (5 years and under) Decorated Biscuit
Class H (6 to 8 Years) Branch / Wood Monster
Class I (9 to 11 Years) Baking
If you would like more information, please contact Angela on 07789068340
Thames Water engineers have dug a trench across the road between the former Hotel site entrance and the A420. They are due to finish by Friday 9th.
This means that construction traffic is coming through Pound Corner, in breach of Bellway’s movement conditions.
We have protested to Bellway and informed the Swindon Borough Council case officer, but I am not sure that he can enforce the movement conditions on Bellway when they cannot comply.
The Parish Council has arranged an extra information event that will be held in the village towards the end of August.
This will be attended by Borough officers dealing with highways changes linked to the NEV developments, including the White Hart and Gable Cross junctions, and will also cover any changes to the local plan.
This event is similar to those being held in other parishes currently and offers an alternative for residents in the village.
Once confirmed the date and location of the event will be published here.
South Marston Gardening Club
Annual Flower and Produce Show
Saturday 17 August 2019
For a copy of the Schedule (full details listed below), or for more information please contact either Mike on 827807 or Angela on 07789068340.